drudge (plural drudges)
- A person who works in a low servile job.
- (derogatory) Someone who works for (and may be taken advantage of by) someone else.
person who works in a low job
person who works for someone else
- (intransitive) To labour in (or as in) a low servile job.
- Rise in our toils and drudge away the day.
- He gradually rose in the estimation of the booksellers for whom he drudged.
to labour as in a low servile job
- “drudge” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2019.