- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɛfəˈvɛsənt/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌɛfɚˈvɛsənt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛsənt
- (of a liquid) Giving off bubbles; fizzy.
- Vivacious and enthusiastic.
2012 April 22, Sam Sheringham, “Liverpool 0-1 West Brom”, in BBC Sport:
- The effervescent Suarez then went close again as he worked space for a shot after a mazy run but could not keep his close-range shot below the crossbar.
- “effervescent” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).