- electrion (dated)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪˈlɛktɹɒn/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪˈlɛktɹɑn/
Audio (US) (file)
electron (plural electrons)
- (physics) The subatomic particle having a negative charge and orbiting the nucleus; the flow of electrons in a conductor constitutes electricity.
- (chemistry, obsolete) Alloys of magnesium and other metals, like aluminum or zinc, that were manufactured by the German company Chemische Fabrik Griesheim-Elektron.
- (particle): negatron (obsolete)
Terms derived from electron
the negatively charged subatomic particles that orbit atoms