ellipsoid (plural ellipsoids)
- (mathematics) a surface, all of whose cross sections are elliptic or circular (includes the sphere)
- (geography) Such a surface used as a model of the shape of the earth.
- Here the geoid is thirty meters below the ellipsoid.
surface all of whose cross sections are elliptic or circular
- Shaped like an ellipse; elliptical.
- (mathematics) Of or pertaining to an ellipse.
- (botany) Having the tridimensional shape of an ellipse rotated on its long axis.
shaped like an ellipse — see elliptical