embodiment (plural embodiments)
- a physical entity typifying an abstract concept
- You are the very embodiment of beauty.
- 1880, W.S. Gilbert, Iolanthe
- The law is the true embodiment Of everything that's excellent. It has no kind of fault or flaw, And I, my Lords, embody the law.
- 2017 September 27, David Browne, "Hugh Hefner, 'Playboy' Founder, Dead at 91," Rolling Stone
- And with his trademark smoking jackets and pipes – and the silk pajamas he would often wear to work – Hefner became the embodiment of a sexually adventurous yet urbane image and lifestyle, a seeming role model for generations of men.
entity typifying an abstraction