enticement (plural enticements)
- The act or practice of enticing, of alluring or tempting; as, the enticements of evil companions.
- That which entices, or incites to evil; means of allurement; an alluring object; as, an enticement to sin.
1818, Mary Shelley, chapter 4, in Frankenstein:
- None but those who have experienced them can conceive of the enticements of science.
- enticement in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- enticement in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- incitement (act, instance of inciting)
- English: enticement (borrowed)