From extra- + terrestrial.
- (Canada) IPA(key): /ˌɛk.stɹə.tɚˈɛs.tɹi.əl/
- (UK, US) IPA(key): /ˌɛk.stɹə.təˈɹɛs.tɹi.əl/
CA synth (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ex‧tra‧ter‧res‧tri‧al
extraterrestrial (comparative more extraterrestrial, superlative most extraterrestrial)
- Originating from outside of the Earth's atmosphere, from space, or from another planet; alien to Earth or its environment.
originating from outside of the Earth
extraterrestrial (plural extraterrestrials)
- A being originating from outside of the Earth's atmosphere, from space, or from another planet; an alien
- 2012 May 24, Nathan Rabin, “Film: Reviews: Men In Black 3”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Smith returns in Men In Black 3 as a veteran agent of a secret organization dedicated to policing the earth’s many extraterrestrials.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:extraterrestrial
being originating from outside of the Earth