- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfæsənɚ/, /ˈfæsnɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɑːsənə/, /ˈfɑːsnə/
- (General New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˈfɐːsɘnɘ/, /ˈfɐːsnɘ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: fast‧en‧er, faste‧ner
fastener (plural fasteners)
- Something or someone that fastens.
- Mechanically, any device that fastens; especially, a collective term for items such as screws, nuts, washers, clasps, bolts and the like.
- Synonym: clasp
- → Japanese: ファスナー (fasunā)
something or someone that fastens
any device that fastens