- (transitive) to process, prepare (into something: -vá/-vé) (to put a material through a process in order to create articles for personal use)
- A cukorrépát fehércukorrá dolgozták fel. ― The sugarbeet was processed into white sugar.
- (transitive, of a living organism) to process, digest (to separate the food in its passage through the alimentary canal into the nutritive and nonnutritive elements)
- (transitive, computing) to process (to manipulate data using computer techniques)
- (transitive, of a topic) to adapt a topic into a written or musical work
- zenekarra feldolgoz ― to orchestrate
- regénnyé feldolgoz ― to novelize
- (transitive) to cover (to make a cover version of a song that was originally recorded by another artist)
- (transitive) to process, digest, come to terms with, sort out (to think about a piece of information, or a concept, in order to assimilate it, and perhaps accept)
- Nehezen tudta feldolgozni a kudarcát. ― S/he had a hard time to process his/her failure.
- (transitive, reflexive, with magát) to work one's way up (to something: -ba/-be) (to gradually ascend to a higher professional position with hard work and accomplishments)
- Évekbe telik, míg az ember feldolgozza magát ebbe a pozícióba. ― It takes years to work one's way up to this position.
conjugation of feldolgoz