grower (plural growers)
- A farmer; one who grows things.
- He was an orange grower from Florida.
- Something that grows.
- These flowers are fast growers
- 2015 February 7, Val Bourne, “The quiet man of the world of snowdrops”, in The Daily Telegraph (London), page G8:
- Someone or something who becomes more likeable over time. (Especially used of music.) [from 1990s]
- I didn't like the song at first, but it is a real grower.
- 1994, Mr. S.R. Winterton, “Bedtime Stories - The Singles”, in alt.fan.madonna, Usenet:
- Sanctury[sic] - the least obvious single but what a grower. When I first heard this track I thought it was rather average. After playing the album several times, this was the one that kept coming into my head throughout the day.
- 2001, Maximum Rock 'n' Roll, Issue 223:
- […] assimilating some vaguely psych, folk-rock, and other influences into their own twang without losing sense of style and taste: a grower, not a shower (that's show-er, not shower).
- (slang) A man whose penis increases in size significantly when erect. [from 1990s]
- Antonym: shower
- 2003, Austin Foxxe, Three the Hard Way: Tales of Three-way Sex Between Men:
- His dick, if I remember correctly, is more of a shower than a grower […]
A farmer who grows things
man whose penis does not show its full size until it is erect