- enPR: hônt, IPA(key): /ˈhɔːntɪd/
- (cot–caught merger, Canada) IPA(key): /ˈhɑntɪd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: haunt‧ed
- Of a location, frequented by a ghost or ghosts.
- The hotel was haunted by a disembodied spirit.
- Obsessed (by an idea, threat, etc.).
- a soldier haunted by the memories of combat
- Showing a feeling of being disturbed.
- a haunted expression
frequented by a ghost
showing a feeling of being disturbed
- simple past tense and past participle of
- According to local legend, a ghost has haunted the mansion for two hundred years.