hotter (plural hotters)
- (Britain, slang) One who steals a vehicle in order to joyride.
- 1992, David P. Waddington, Contemporary Issues in Public Disorder, page 209:
- Unable effectively to give chase to the hotters for fear of endangering the lives of pedestrians and motorists, the police had been forced to play a waiting game […]
- (Britain, dialectal, Northern England, dated) To vibrate; to rattle.
- 1833, Thomas Sopwith, An account of the mining districts of Alston Moor, Weardale and Teesdale in Cumberland and Durham, page 137:
- The jolting, hottering motion of the waggon, the splashing of the water, and the dark and narrow passage, all concur to produce a strange effect […]