- (transitive) To regard something as ideal.
- (intransitive) To conceive or form an ideal.
- (art) To portray using idealization.
transitive: to regard something as ideal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Noah Webster (1913), “idealize”, in Noah Porter, editor, Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam Company
- “idealize”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911