- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈaɪdieɪt/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
ideate (third-person singular simple present ideates, present participle ideating, simple past and past participle ideated)
To apprehend in thought
ideate (not comparable)
- Produced by an idea.
Late Latin ideatum. See idea.
ideate (plural ideates)
- (metaphysics) The actual existence supposed to correspond with an idea; the correlate in real existence to the idea as a thought or existence.
- “ideate”, in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam, 1913, →OCLC.
- “ideate”, in The Century Dictionary […], New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911, →OCLC.
- inflection of ideare:
- second-person singular voseo imperative of idear combined with te