- (Singapore, informal) A phoney or fraudulent item; anything deceptively promoted as genuine or of high quality.
- 2011 March 1, Ravi Philemon, “Goh Meng Seng the koyok seller”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- Whenever I meet Meng Seng, he is always trying to sell me his koyok and recruit me into his Party.
- 2012 September 17, Tan Meng Chuan, “On The Challenges of Cleaning Water”, in Overseas Singaporean Unit:
- “I'm here to sell my koyok,” laughed Olivia Lum as she took to the stage and began her presentation on Hyflux Limited, it turned out that the koyok was not some sales pitch trying to sell ice to Eskimos.
- 2015 September 10, “Vivian: I fight back when people sell 'koyok'”, in The Straits Times:
- This is the reason why I get so uptight, so aggressive when someone comes along, talks very well, but sells koyok and puts our country in danger.