lithic (not comparable)
- Relating to stone
- lithic architecture
- (geology) Relating to rock
- (inorganic chemistry) Relating to lithium
- (medicine) Relating to the formation of uric acid concretions (stones) in the bladder and other parts of the body
- lithic diathesis
- (archaeology, often capitalised) pertaining to Native American culture before circa 8,500 BCE
- Synonym: Paleo-Indian
Derived terms edit
lithic (plural lithics)
- (anthropology) A stone tool or projectile
- A medicine that prevents stone in the bladder.
- (geology) A lithic fragment: a piece of another rock eroded down to sand size.
- 1983, Richard Squires, Mark Filewicz, Cenozoic Geology of the Simi Valley Area, Southern California:
- Silty fine sandstone: poorly sorted; 50% quartz, 30% fossils, 10% lithics, 10% feldspar