- Emitting light; glowing brightly; shining.
- 1834, L[etitia] E[lizabeth] L[andon], Francesca Carrara. […], volume III, London: Richard Bentley, […], (successor to Henry Colburn), OCLC 630079698, page 21:
- The moon, which had been slowly ascending, now shone through an open space between the trees; and the rippling waters of the brook gave back her light in luminous vibrations.
- 1924, Herman Melville, Billy Budd, London: Constable & Co., Chapter 11, 
- The bonfire in his heart made luminous the rose-tan in his cheek.
- Brightly illuminated.
- Clear; enlightening; easy to understand.
- a luminous explanation
emitting light; glowing brightly
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.