mendicant (not comparable)
- Depending on alms for a living.
- Of or pertaining to a beggar.
- Of or pertaining to a member of a religious order forbidden to own property, and who must beg for a living.
Category English terms derived from the PIE root *mend- not found
depending on alms
of or pertaining to a beggar
of or pertaining to a member of a religious order who begs
mendicant (plural mendicants)
- A pauper who lives by begging.
- A religious friar, forbidden to own personal property, who begs for a living.