- Denoting the middle part.
- 2013 June 29, “Unspontaneous combustion”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 29:
- Since the mid-1980s, when Indonesia first began to clear its bountiful forests on an industrial scale in favour of lucrative palm-oil plantations, “haze” has become an almost annual occurrence in South-East Asia.
- He's in his mid-thirties — meaning he is roughly around the age of 34–36, as opposed to one's early thirties (aged roughly 30–33) and one's late thirties (aged roughly around 37–39).
- He was born in the mid-1930s.
- Occupying a middle position.
- a mid-shoulder stretch
- During, in the middle of doing something.
- He was hit by a ball mid-jump.
Category Danish words prefixed with mid- not found
- with, in conjunction with; together (with)
- the middle part
- midstrēam ― midstream
- midspreca ― an advocate, intermediary