See also: Observant
- (General American) IPA(key): /əbˈzɝvənt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əbˈzɜːvənt/
- Hyphenation: ob‧ser‧vant
- Alert and paying close attention; watchful.
- The observant police officer noticed that my tax disk was out-of-date.
- Diligently attentive in observing a law, custom, duty or principle; regardful; mindful.
- I was normally observant of the local parking restrictions.
- Sir K. Digby
- We are told how observant Alexander was of his master Aristotle.
Alert and paying close attention
Diligently attentive in observing a law, custom, duty or principle
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- observant (obeying the custom, practice or rules of a religion)
declension of observant