See also: onetime
Audio (AU) (file)
- Of or pertaining to a specific time in the past.
- Synonyms: former, past, sometime; see also Thesaurus:former
- He was the one-time president of the club.
- 1945 July and August, “The Why and The Wherefore: Station Turntables”, in Railway Magazine, page 241, reply to J. A. Drew:
- The old Ramsgate Harbour station of the one-time South Eastern Railway was a case in point, as also the stations in the Isle of Wight that you name, such as Ventnor West.
- 2017 April 13, Adam Forrest, “The death of diesel: has the one-time wonder fuel become the new asbestos?”, in The Guardian:
- Has the one-time wonder fuel become the new asbestos – not to say mustard gas?
- Occurring or used in a single instance and then never again.
- Synonym: one-off
- one-time charge/payment
- He was an eloquent speaker, and his slip of the tongue was a one-time error.
of or pertaining to a specific time in the past
occurring only on one occasion
- one-time at OneLook Dictionary Search