Alternative forms edit
- optimise (UK)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɑptɪmaɪz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɒptɪmaɪz/
Audio (US) (file)
- (originally intransitive) To act optimistically or as an optimist.
- (transitive) To make (something) optimal.
- (transitive) To make (something) more efficient, such as a computer program.
- (intransitive) To become optimal.
Derived terms edit
Related terms edit
to act optimistically
to make (something) optimal
to make (something) more efficient
to become optimal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.