See also: overtly
overly (not comparable)
- To an excessive degree.
- Parents can be overly protective of their children.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page viii
- This means, at times, long and perhaps overly discursive discussions of other taxa.
to an excessive degree
- (obsolete) Careless; negligent; inattentive; superficial; not thorough.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Hall to this entry?)
- (obsolete) Excessive; too much.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Coleridge to this entry?)