pad out (third-person singular simple present pads out, present participle padding out, simple past and past participle padded out)
- (idiomatic) to add something extra to something to make it appear more substantial
- Some students pad out their essays by adding a whole lot of quotes from random sources.
- Have you heard about girls padding out their bras to make their boobs look bigger?
- (idiomatic, slang) to sleep or go to bed
- Because of my job I usually pad out just before nine o'clock.
- My housemate was very annoyed to find my friends padded out on the lounge room floor this morning.