- The state of being prominent: widely known or eminent.
- 1908, W[illiam] B[lair] M[orton] Ferguson, chapter IV, in Zollenstein, New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, OCLC 731476803:
- “My Continental prominence is improving,” I commented dryly. ¶ Von Lindowe cut at a furze bush with his silver-mounted rattan. ¶ “Quite so,” he said as dryly, his hand at his mustache. “I may say if your intentions were known your life would not be worth a curse.”
- Relative importance.
- A bulge: something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from a form.
- (topography) Autonomous height; relative height or prime factor; a concept used in the categorization of hills and mountains.