- (Jamaica, vulgar) Used to express anger, annoyance or surprise.
- 2004 December 16, Kewi-Armah, Kwame, Fix Up, scene 2; republished as Plays: 1, London: Methuen Drama, 2009, →ISBN, page 126:
- Alice: The phrase 'O kinsmen!' makes that call specific: the poem's would-be warriors are men. What about women? He only talks about the race by imagining the aspirations of men.
Brother Kiyi: Rasclaat!
Alice: No, not rasclaat or however you pronounce it—the contest for humanity in the poem is fought exclusively by men.
raasclaat (plural raasclaats)
- (Jamaica, vulgar) A contemptible person.
- 2017, “Gunfiyah”, performed by Dr. Dre:
- Set fire to my enemies / Fuck a rasclaat, those our enemies
- 2018, Mike Colter and Kevin Mambo as Luke Cage and Sheldon Shaw, The Basement (Marvel's Luke Cage), season 2, episode 6, written by Aïda Mashaka Croal, ABC Studios; Netflix, 0:02:39 from the start:
- Luke: You got five seconds to tell me why your boss invaded Harlem and what he wants with Raymond Jones.
Sheldon: Five, four, three, two, one. Raasclaat!
- (Jamaica, vulgar) An intensifier.
- 2016, “One Life”, in New Level Unlocked, performed by Alkaline:
- Bere lies, bere raasclaat hype
- (vulgar) A contemptible person.
- 1997, Kennaway, Guy, One People, →ISBN:
- 'Ya want fi tek de raas claat roof from mi picknee head, man. Ya have no heart?' Babs shouted. 'Gimme a couple blaad claat dollar. Gwaan. Raasclaat. An' mi will pay ya back anudder day.'
- (please add an English translation of this quote)