racist (plural racists)
- A person who believes in or supports racism; a person who believes that a particular race is superior to others, and who discriminates against other races.
- 2009, Shirley R. Steinberg, Diversity and Multiculturalism: A Reader, page 104:
- Almost all the students I interviewed and worked with in group-facilitated discussions resisted being called a racist. This label was just too painful and for most students would not be accepted.
person who believes a particular race is superior to others.
- Constituting, exhibiting, advocating or pertaining to racism.
- 2007 April 24, “George Can't Let Sleeping Mexicans Lie”, in George Lopez, season 6, episode 15, spoken by Max Lopez (Luis Armand Garcia):
- I'm pretty sure I'm flunking math because my teacher is racist against Latinos.
- (colloquial, proscribed, by extension) Discriminatory.
- They don't allow Muslims and gays to join the club? That's racist!
relating to racism
- racist in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911
- racist at OneLook Dictionary Search
Declension of racist