- (transitive) To ascribe existence to.
- Do you believe in God? / the Easter Bunny? / ghosts?
- Since I don't believe in reincarnation, I believe that the only way to eliminate suffering is to die.
- (transitive) To believe that (something) is right or desirable.
- I don't believe in sex before marriage.
- I don't believe in making my bed.
- 2017 June 23, "Is spokes model Cindy Margolis married or single after her divorce with Guy Starkman, Know her current affairs", Hitberry.com
- The couple is one of the celebrities who believed in open relationships.
- (transitive) To have confidence in the ability or power of.
- I believe in you, man! You can do it!
ascribe existence to
believe that something is right or desirable