re-sign (third-person singular simple present re-signs, present participle re-signing, simple past and past participle re-signed)
- To sign again; to provide one's signature again.
- (by extension) To sign a contract renewing or restarting a professional relationship, such as that of a professional athlete with a sports team.
- 1997, Billboard (volume 109, number 30, page 86)
- At the end of last year, the band re-signed to XL for another three albums, despite being chased by majors that included Island, says manager Mike Champion of Midi Management.
- Spelling without the hyphen risks confusion with resign (“quit, give up”).
- Greins, Negris, Singer, nigres, re-nigs, reigns, renigs, resing, ringes, signer, singer