- Whatever remains after something else has been removed.
- (chemistry) The substance that remains after evaporation, distillation, filtration or any similar process.
- (biochemistry) A molecule that is released from a polymer after bonds between neighbouring monomers are broken, such as an amino acid in a polypeptide chain.
- (law) Whatever property or effects are left in an estate after payment of all debts, other charges and deduction of what is specifically bequeathed by the testator.
- (mathematics) A form of complex number, proportional to the contour integral of a meromorphic function along a path enclosing one of its singularities.
(chemistry) substance that remains after evaporation, distillation, filtration
(law) property or effects remaining in an estate after deduction of debts, charges and bequests
(mathematics) form of complex number