- To force back against the current.
- to restem their backward course
- To stem, or move against.
- to restem a current
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for restem in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- first-person plural present indicative form of restar
- first-person plural present subjunctive form of restar
- first-person plural imperative form of restar