- Rhymes: -ɪf
- Alternative letter-case form of
- 1991, Barbara Czarniawska-Joerges, Peter J. Frost, Reframing Organizational Culture, →ISBN, page 152:
- This sense was expressed in a story about a friend who had been laid off (riffed) in a particularly uncaring manner.
- 2003, Byron K. Simerson, Michael D. McCormick, Fired, Laid Off, Out of a Job, →ISBN:
- If an employee is not given concrete and objective reasons for being riffed, it may be assumed the decision, "must have been discrimination" due to race, sex, age, ethnic background, or other wrongful basis.
- 2014, Murray Farish, Inappropriate Behavior: Stories, →ISBN, page 151:
- People are being riffed at her company, too.
rif (plural riwwe)
Alternative forms edit
- reef: a chain or range of rocks lying at or near the surface of the water
Derived terms edit
rif n (genitive singular rifs, nominative plural rif)
declension of rif
- (rib): rifbein
Old Swedish edit
Declension of rif (strong ja-stem)
- “rif” In: Abdullah Umar Mansur (1985) Qaamuska Afsoomaliga.
- Soft mutation of .
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.|