See also: Sandy
- Covered with sand.
- Sprinkled with sand.
- Containing sand.
- Some plants grow best in sandy soil.
- Like sand, especially in texture.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 4, in The Celebrity:
- Mr. Cooke at once began a tirade against the residents of Asquith for permitting a sandy and generally disgraceful condition of the roads. So roundly did he vituperate the inn management in particular, and with such a loud flow of words, that I trembled lest he should be heard on the veranda.
- Having the colour of sand.
- sandy colour:
covered with sand
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.