- shriveled (US)
- Wrinkled because the volume has reduced while the surface area of the outer layer has remained constant.
- A prune is a shrivelled plum.
- 1847 December, Acton Bell [pseudonym; Anne Brontë], “The Parsonage”, in Agnes Grey. A Novel, London: Thomas Cautley Newby, publisher, […], OCLC 156123328, page 1:
- All true histories contain instruction; though, in some, the treasure may be hard to find, and when found, so trivial in quantity that the dry, shrivelled kernel scarcely compensates for the trouble of cracking the nut.
- Collapsed in size.
- (British spelling) simple past tense and past participle of