See also: sit-on
Audio (AU) (file)
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see sit, on.
- The cat sat on the mat.
- (idiomatic) To block, suppress, restrain.
- The chairman sat on the report until the end of the legislative session.
- (idiomatic, informal) To restrain (a person).
- He started to act up, but she sat on him.
- (idiomatic) To take no action on.
- I sent the boss my proposal three weeks ago and he's been just sitting on it.
- To be a member of.
- He sits on the appropriations committee.
- To hold an official inquiry regarding; to deliberate about.
- To have but not actively use