- (pathology) A slackening or arrest of the blood current, due not to a lessening of the heart’s beat, but to some abnormal resistance of the capillary walls.
- Inactivity; a freezing, or state of motionlessness.
- His company was sized for growth, not stasis.
- (science fiction) A technology allowing something to be artificially frozen in time, so that it does not age or change.
- One of the sections of a cathisma or portion of the psalter.
- (inactivity): equilibrium
pathology: slackening of blood current