strictly (comparative strictlier or more strictly, superlative strictliest or most strictly)
- In a strict manner.
- He adhered strictly to the diet his doctor prescribed.
- In a limited manner; only
- 1945 August 17, George Orwell [pseudonym; Eric Arthur Blair], chapter 6, in Animal Farm […], London: Secker & Warburg, →OCLC:
- This work was strictly voluntary, but any animal who absented himself from it would have his rations reduced by half.
- In a narrow or limited sense.
- That term refers strictly to smaller birds.
- (mathematics) In a manner that applies to every member of a set or every interval of a function
in a strict manner
in a limited manner
in a narrow or limited sense