- simple past tense and past participle of (archaic sticked)
- Unable to move.
- Can you shift this gate? I think it’s stuck.
- If you’ve had to battle a stuck zipper, you know how frustrating it can be.
- Unable to progress with a task.
- I’m totally stuck on this question in the test.
- No longer functioning, frozen up, frozen.
- There are several ways to close a stuck program.
- (slang, archaic) In the situation of having no money.
stuck (plural stucks)
- (obsolete) A thrust.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for stuck in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)