- A trichroic violet-blue variety of the mineral zoisite mined in Tanzania, used as a gemstone.
- 2012 March 1, Lee A. Groat, “Gemstones”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 128:
- Although there are dozens of different types of gems, among the best known and most important are diamond, ruby and sapphire, emerald and other gem forms of the mineral beryl, chrysoberyl, tanzanite, tsavorite, topaz and jade.
gemstone mined in Tanzania
- “Tanzanite” in David Barthelmy, Webmineral Mineralogy Database, 1997–.
- “tanzanite”, in Mindat.org, Hudson Institute of Mineralogy, accessed 29 August 2016.
tanzanite f (plural tanzanites)
tanzanite f (plural tanzaniti)