- (sometimes derogatory) Used to form nouns denoting followers or adherents of a specified person, idea, doctrine, movement, etc.
- Used to form nouns denoting descendants of a specified historical person, especially a biblical figure.
- (chiefly US) Used to form demonyms.
- Used to form nouns denoting rocks or minerals.
- Used to form nouns denoting fossil organisms.
- (biology) Used to form nouns denoting segments or components of the body or an organ of the body.
- Used to form nouns denoting the product of a specified process or a commercially manufactured product.
- (chemistry) Used to form names of certain chemical compounds, especially salts or esters of acids whose name ends in -ous.
a follower or adherent of a specified person
used to form names of minerals and rocks
a native or resident of a specified place
a salt or ester of an acid whose name ends in -ous
- Forms adjectives.
-ite f (plural -iti)
- Used with a stem to form the feminine plural past participle of regular -ire verbs
- Used with a stem to form the second-person plural present and imperative of regular -ire verbs
- (mineralogy) -ite
- (chemistry) -ite
- (pathology) -itis
- (pathology) -itis (forms the names of diseases characterised by inflammation)
- (geology) -ite (forms the names of rocks and minerals)