tights pl (plural only)
- A close-fitting, sheer or non-sheer skin-tight garment worn principally by women and girls that covers the body completely from the waist down, usually including the feet.
- Synonym: pantyhose (US)
- (dance) A similar, non-sheer garment worn by dancers of either sex, especially by ballet dancers.
- (wrestling) A garment, similar to briefs, worn chiefly by professional wrestlers.
- (mining) In blasting rock, a piece of unbroken rock within the pay limit of a blast.
US English uses the term pantyhose to refer to sheer tights.
- → Japanese: タイツ (taitsu)
- “tights” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.