French “feat of strength” circa 19th century.
- (US) IPA: /ˌtuɹ.dəˈfoɹs/ or /-ˈfɔɹs/
tour de force (plural tours de force)
- A feat demonstrating brilliance or mastery in a field.
- Now orbiting Earth, Gravity Probe B is a technological tour de force.
- An outstanding display of skill.
Feat demonstrating brilliance or mastery in a field
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Read in another language
This page is available in 4 languages