vesper (plural vespers)
vesper m (plural vespers)
- the evening or vespers
- supper, dinner (evening meal)
- (by extension) the evening star
- (by extension) the West
This noun can be declined in two paradigms; in classical Latin prose, only the singular forms were used, and the second declension forms prevailed except for the ablative. The forms vespere and vesperī were both used to mean "in the evening".
|Second declension, nominative singular in -er.
|Third declension, with locative.
- Catalan: vespre
- Dalmatian: viaspro
- English: vesperate, vespering, vespers, Vespertilio
- Middle French: vespre
- French: vêpre
- → Old Irish: fescor
- Irish: feascar
- Italian: vespro
- Norman: vêpe
- Portuguese: véspero, Vésper, vespertino
- Spanish: véspero, vesperal, víspera, vespertino