voicing (plural voicings)
- (music) The final regulation of the pitch and tone of any sound-producing entity, especially of an organ or similar musical instrument.
- (music) A particular arrangement of notes to form a chord.
- (phonetics) The articulatory process in which the vocal cords vibrate.
- (phonetics, phonology) A classification of speech sounds that tend to be associated with vocal cord vibration.
- (phonology) A phonological process that turns a voiceless sound into a voiced one.
- Synonym: sonorization
- Antonyms: devoicing, surdization
music: final regulation of the pitch and tone
music: particular arrangement of notes to form a chord
phonetics: articulatory process
phonetics: classification of speech sounds
phonological process that turns a voiceless sound into a voiced one