- (General American) IPA(key): /wɔɹmli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /wɔːmli/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: warm‧ly
- In a manner that maintains warm temperature.
- Be sure to dress warmly today!
- In a warm, friendly manner.
- (dated) With a certain amount of anger; somewhat hotly.
- 1811, [Jane Austen], chapter XII, in Sense and Sensibility […], volume I, London: […] C[harles] Roworth, […], and published by T[homas] Egerton, […], OCLC 20599507, page 135:
- Elinor then ventured to doubt the propriety of her receiving such a present from a man so little, or at least so lately known to her. This was too much. “You are mistaken, Elinor,” said she warmly, “in supposing I know very little of Willoughby."
in a manner maintaining warm temperature