white (“bright and colorless; a white-skinned person”) + -y (“forming diminutives”)
whitey (comparative whitier, superlative whitiest)
- Alternative form of whity
- a whitey-brown colour
whitey (plural whiteys or whities)
- (African American Vernacular, derogatory, ethnic slur) A white person, a person of European descent.
- 1976, New York Magazine (volume 9, number 47, page 102)
- "Whites don't like us because they think we're niggies. And blacks don't like us because they think we're whiteys. We don't fit anywhere. That's why we've gone off alone, created a totally separate thing."
- 1997, Dave Chappelle, "Racism Connoisseur" on HBO Comedy Half-Hour:
- Touché, honky. So, whitey, what did you do today? Oppress a new land and make the people there Christians against their will?
- (Britain, slang) A state or bout of sickness, especially induced by cannabis use.
2002 April 11, mi...@emgee.demon.co.uk, uk.politics.drugs, Usenet:
(Drug users consuming this much alcohol are either slumpped in the corner having a whitey or already on their way to casualty in an ambulance.)
2007 February 13, Baroness Edwina Frogbucket, “Cameron calls for harder line on cannabis use”, in uk.legal, Usenet:
'Youths' happily do both and they're almost seen as weird if they don't smoke themselves into a whitey with their mates.
2007 April 29, Mark Whiteley, uk.politics.drugs, Usenet:
Ocasionaly things don't work quite as expected but seriously i can't remeber last time i had a "whitey" not for many years that a certainty.
2012, Jenny Fagan, The Panopticon, page 233:
'Dead bodies. Up in trees,' I said.
I handed him the crisps.
'I'm gonnae have a whitey,' he said and fucked off up to the toilet to be sick.
2013, Lucy Prebble, The Effect, page 75:
Tristan: I'm having a whitey.
He seems about to be sick.
Connie: You're on a placebo, Tristan, you're not on the drug.