See also: western
- Of, situated in, or related to the West
- "As Western culture became increasingly mechanized in the 1600s, the female earth and virgin earth spirit were subdued by the machine." (The Death of Nature, "Nature as Female" by Carolyn Merchant)
- Of or pertaining to a certain genre of film, television, literature, and so on, dealing with the American Old West.
- (of the West): non-Western
of, situated in, or related to the West — see western
Western (plural Westerns)
- Alternative letter-case form of
- (dated) An inhabitant of a western region or country; a westerner.
- 1909, Theodore Leighton Pennell, Among the Wild Tribes of the Afghan Frontier:
- If, again, after studying the life and words of Christ, and comparing them with the Christianity which they see practised in the West, or in the Westerns who reside among them, they are not drawn to Western Christianity […]
- "Western" in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 333.