|Kanji in this term|
|Grade: S||Grade: 4||Grade: 1|
寿老人 (hiragana じゅろうじん, romaji Jurōjin)
- 福禄寿 (Fukurokuju): god of happiness, wealth and longevity.
- 恵比須 / 恵比寿 / 夷 / 戎 (Ebisu): god of fishers or merchants, often depicted carrying a sea bream.
- 布袋 (Hotei): the fat and happy god of abundance and good health.
- 弁才天 / 弁財天 (べんざいてん, Benzaiten): The Japanese name for the Hindu goddess Saraswati. The goddess of knowledge, art, beauty, music, language, wisdom, poetry and rivers.
- 大黒 / 大黒天 (Daikoku / Daikokuten): the god of wealth, commerce and trade. Ebisu and Daikoku are often paired and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops.
- 毘沙門 / 毘沙門天 (Bishamon / Bishamonten): the god of warriors.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language