- Suffix forming the third-person singular present indicative of -ir verbs.
- Suffix forming the third-person singular past historic of -ir verbs.
- Suffix forming the third-person singular past historic of -re verbs.
-it (suffixed pronoun)
This suffix is used only after 1st person singular forms in -(e)a, 1st person plural forms in -mi, and 3rd person plural forms in -(a)it. After 3rd person singular forms, the suffix -i is used.
- a- (class A infixed pronoun)
- d- (class B & C infixed pronoun)
- id-, did- (class C infixed pronouns)
- -i (suffixed pronoun used after 3rd person singular forms)
- Suffix used to form the supine tense of verbs belonging to the fourth conjugation (strong verbs); see also -t
The suffix is used with the same version of the stem as is the past participle.
Read in another language
This page is available in 6 languages