- (transitive) To postpone.
- The trial was adjourned for a week.
- (transitive) To defer; to put off temporarily or indefinitely.
- It is a common practice to adjourn the reformation of their lives to a further time.
- (intransitive) To end or suspend an event.
- The court will adjourn for lunch.
- (intransitive, formal, uncommon) To move from one place to another.
- After the dinner, we will adjourn to the bar.
to end or suspend an event
to move from one place to another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked